You Know You're From Wisconsin When...
- You can taste a difference in cheese made somewhere else.
- You own at least one tie with a or peice of jewelry with a Green
Bay Packer theme.
- You can find and pronounce : Eau Claire,
Oconomowoc, Menomonee Falls,
Waukesha, La Crosse,
- You can correctly spell Milwaukee.
- You know what "bubbler"
- At least one of your family members works / worked in a cheese
- A holstein
cow outside of Wisconsin makes you miss home.
- You can taste the difference between apples grown up north and
the ones that you can buy in the south.
- When talking about the Green Bay Packers you refer to them as
"we" or "our team."
- When the weather hits 0 degrees you decide that maybe it's time
to get out a jacket instead of a sweatshirt.
- The family gets together every week for fish fry at the local pub.
- You know what a brat
is, and they're at every outdoor event that your family has ever had.
- You know how to make a very good sled out of normal household
- Your love you outdoor pool because of how it doubles as an ice
skating area during the winter.
- You can tell the difference between the smell of cow manure and
- You have watched Fargo and not noticed an accent.
- You drive around with the air conditioning on until it hits 30
degrees, because it just was so darn hot outside.
- The local paper needs six pages to cover the Packers... in July!
- Your best shirt has a big letter G
- You've said "Of course they'll win. They're God's team."
- You think it's nice enough to swim when the temperature hits 50.
- You family owns a "winter car" while the "good one" sits in the
garage from Nov-Apr.
- Your put ketchup on a charcoal grilled NY strip steak.
- You live in a house that has no front steps, yet the door is one
yard above the ground.
- You think everyone from south of Madison
has an accent.
- You can identify a Michigan accent.
- Down South to you means Chicago.
- Traveling coast to coast means going from Superior
- You can make sense out of the words "upnort" and "Trivers".
- You have to go to Florida to get a tan in August.
- You consider Madison exotic.
- You can visit Luxemburg,
Belgium, Denmark, Berlin, New London
& Poland all in one afternoon.
- You can recognize someone from Illinois from their driving.
- You buy cat litter every winter, but you don't own a cat.
- At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing
plant or cannery.
- You know what to do with a Blatz.
- You don't have a coughing fit from one sip of Pabst
- Bucky the
Badger hangs on your Christmas tree even if you didn't go to University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- You're a member of the Polar Bear Club
and proud of it.
- You can use the phrase "ya der hey" easily in a sentence
- You hear someone use the words "uff-dah" and you don't
immediately break into uncontrollable laughter.
- Your whole family wears green and gold to church on Sunday.
- Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a cow next to
your blue spruce.
- You know how to polka.
- You own a cheesehead.
- You have cow pharaphenilia around your house, including your
- You know what a FIB is and can spot them a mile away.
- You think of the major four food groups as cheese, beer, brats
and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
was the most popular club in high school.
- You have eaten a cow pie at
the State Fair.
- There was at least one kid in your class who had to help milk
cows in the morning.
Kitchen is the place to meet after the party.
- You have ever seen or played in a "broom ball" game.
- You have ever partied at Summerfest, Festa Italia, German Fest, Irish Fest, Oktoberfest, or all of the
- You or someone you know was a "Dairy Princess"
at a county fair.
- You can't be friends with a Vikings fan.
- Your idea of diversity is having black, white, and brown cows.
- You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends
from Wisconsin (or post them on your website).